Friday, May 25, 2012

Update on nature's logic

I dont know if anyone remembers a post I made a while back, I was trying to find a food for my parents dachshund Indy that would work with his digestive system. I really wanted him to be on grain free because he gets dry, dull coat on most grain inclusive foods, but after trying 4-5 grain free foods, they all give him the runs, even after reducing the amount, which resulted in anal gland issues (at one point they became impacted while on totw). 

Anyways, I decided to try him on natures logic because even though its not grain free, it has a decent meat content and is low glycemic. My main concern was the yeast in it, though he hasnt had any ear issues, he does scratch sometimes, and I was worried that it could make things worse. 

We'll he's been on it for over a month now and I'm happy to say that he seems to be doing really well! His coat is fantastic, good energy levels, small firm poops, itching seems to have reduced and he loves the taste. Right now he's on a beef formula which is 31.5% protein which is pretty good for grain inclusive food.




No comments:

Post a Comment