Friday, March 23, 2012

Uno approved chew



I was pretty hesitant about trying antlers with Uno due to hearing mixed reviews on them (fracturing teeth, etc). We have these at work and even though they are pricy at $24 a pop, I get a pretty sweet discount, so I got him a jumbo antler for $7. He loves it!

Whats interesting is that when dogs chew on it, the saliva softens the antler, so it becomes almost gummy in texture at the point where its gnawed. So usually it'll keep him busy for 10-15 mins a day and then he gets bored, but its definitely good to have around to keep him out of mischief, which he's very much prone to.

You can buy them in bulk from various online vendors which is cheaper then paying $24 for one piece, but I've noticed that quality varies. I've heard that Antlerz brand is not very good.
Some people buy a whole rack off ebay and cut it up themselves which makes it a good value.

I'll have to get couple for my family's dogs, especially for Indy since he hates having his teeth brushed and his molars need some cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment