Sunday, June 2, 2013

Uno's anxiety and supplement trials

Uno has some reactivity issues, especially being approached by off leash dogs when we're out walking. So I've been trying various supplements and herbs to see what works. This is what I got from work and using the combination of the greendog and petnaturals. It seems to to take the edge off a little, but its only been about 3 days since I started. The calmshen doesn't seem to help much.  Even with the discount I get, both of the supplements are kinda pricey. What I will do most likely is look up the active ingredients and find an equivalent human version of it for less. The main issue with those is that they are not flavored and I either have to crumble it into the food or put it in peanut butter which I don't like due to extra calories. 





Do you use any anxiety supplements/drugs with your dogs, what has worked for you?


2 comments:

  1. I have two anxious/reactive boys. I have tried melatonin, Bach's Rescue Remedy, L-theanine, and Ark Natural's Happy Traveler. None of them helped Bruce, but the Happy Traveler does help Faolan a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool, thanks for the feedback, I'll have to check ark naturals, maybe we can sell that at the store since I need another anxiety supplement to bring in.

    ReplyDelete